Skip to main content

What The Heck, Another Blog?

Yeah, I wanted to share my Game-logs, character backgrounds, and other sundry ephemera of playing the Table Top RPG games that I enjoy so much.

Thing is, lately, as I am transitioning (my Transition Blog), my interest in gaming has been waning. I want to keep gaming, I get a lot out of it. So I'm going to start doing more game logs (not for in game stuff, unless asked to) and little character bios/short stories that give me someone to pretend to be when I'm gaming. Doing all the back story, and game logs (which may or may not reflect the reality of the game session, I do the logs mostly in character, as a Diary entry, "war journal" or whatever style of reportage fits the campaign.

The quality is not polished on any of these, and I won't be doing any editing other than fixing some obvious typos/grammar I may have missed when originally writing.

My first few posts will be some of my favourite Game-logs and character bios from games I've played in the last few years. I'm on a bit of a summer sabbatical from gaming, but like hockey season, despite all my complaints, I'm starting to miss it.

In the fall I will start posting Game-logs after games, and when I start or join any new campaigns, I'll have all kinds of whatever I'm writing, here, as well.

I think I'll start with the characters that brought me back into gaming a few years ago. I joined a friend's 3.5 D&D campaign. we started as lowly 1st levellers. I played Regdar, (a pre-gen, yes) a fighter, as not having played D&D since highschool, I felt playing the tank would be the way to go, no spells to look up, etc. Hit stuff, kill stuff, makeMonty Python jokes= D&D.

Pretty much. eventually Reg gained a "cohort", who happened to be his goth sister (D'espondea, a Warlock), and they had many a crazy adventure, all the way to the time that campaign (set in Monte Cook's Ptolus) petered itself out, around 14th, 15th level.

I had some pictures I'd made in photoshop of Reg & d'es, but can't find the files, right now.  For now i'll make my second entry the D'espondea/Reg backstory... the original, just Reg one is in a .pages format. I don't even remember ever using "Pages". Weird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Call for my current D&D group  (first though some history of the game) Hey folks still interested in reading dorky D&D blogs, as a way to get myself writing more regularly, and having a game of D&D going with regularly scheduled games once more (Fifth Edition D&D is the system we are using) I am hoping to come up with basically once a month a between session bit of something to give players reminders, and hints of what’s gone on, about to happen, and so on. My current game has five player characters, using more non traditional D&D races, mostly taken from the homebrew site D&D Beyond. We have a Tortle Warlock, A Grung Druid, a Kenku Cleric, Tabaxi Rogue, and an Ursine Ranger. Elves, dwarves, humans and such are relegated to NPCs and background characters in this game. Only one of the players has a lot of D&D experience, so it’s really a learning the game style of play, which for me as a non looking

Mutants and Masterminds Characters

Almost as long as I've been back playing D&D, I've also been playing in a different friend's Mutants and Masterminds Campaigns. These are superhero RPG settings. I've played an eternally reborn Egyptian Prince called "The Scarab" (think Hawkman meets Blue Beetle) in a pretty straight up super hero(but zany as all hell) campaign, a Sorcerer trapped in a Golem's body (John Constantine trapped in a Golem body, basically) during an elder Gods inspired 20's prohibition era NYC setting. In the fall I'll be playing (as we upgrade to 3rd edition Mutants and Masterminds) a in a sort of Steampunk setting in the 1860's. My character is going to be a 19th century Indian Jones, but a lady, so like Lara Croft, but without so many guns, and normal sized boobs. She will have some small "powers" but this is to be more of an "ability & skill" game I think, than a big super power game. I won't be posting her Character and back

Mail Call D&D style

Mail Call For the characters in my D&D Game 1. An Epistle from Brother  (Cousin) Raymond MacPhearson Esq.,  Hand Of Obsidia Dearest Cousin Slash,                                          I have no idea whether this letter will find you, well, or otherwise. If you are reading this I have some good news and better news for you. No bad news at all, nope, none, Well, okay maybe a little bit of bad news. We will start with that, the bad news first, which is Cousin #1, that I am no longer the head of “The Family” .... You didn’t know that I was, did you, I know you think that family doesn’t matter, but it does. I get ten percent from everyone, heck even you have been paying me, as Bess always gave me a cut from you, and by me, I mean our Rogues Guild, to whom you do owe quite a few years of back dues, by the by. We are big, bigger than the Freedom Archipelago Teamsters, even.  The good news is that my new position is to be ‘The Hand Of Obsidia,’ I have been chosen