Skip to main content

a little tidbit for my Pathfinder Game

Turns out one of the NPC's has been lying about who she is....

The group finds this letter addressed to "The Gang" upon their Oracle's tidy bedroll, just before the game starts. a little morsel to whet the appetite.


"Gloriana’s" Last Letter


Fellows, it is with a heavy heart that I bid you farewell, as, if you are reading this, I have already left Skull Island. You might think I have run off with that beautiful Fetchling Baritone who you well know I have been trysting with. 

Alas, that was not to be so. While I may stray off the path my Goddess has strewn for me at times, the young baritone is about as evil (- in a radiating it at such an intensity that it makes one who is sensitive to such things a bit dizzy, and eventually, vomitously ill, kind of way) as it gets. Twas merely a tryst, but no more; as you likely do not know also, I am once again single. My wedding contract with Craddock the Djinn, Bess’ right hand man, is over.

I am fortunate, I guess, that the Harrow Deck betrothed me to a Djinni, rather than some culture with a less contract based society. Djinn never stay married for more than the specified terms of the wedding contract, which can be voided or extended as they comes due. 

The contracts usually are year to year. Ours was made bond only by the ancient magic of the Harrow Deck. Neither Craddock, nor I wanted to be wed, or really ever acted as though we were, only together on missions for that first month. No bad feelings between us, by the Goddess. I still consider Craddock one of my best friends, after you sorry lot, of course.

 I was assigned to “The Slash Group” (as Bess calls you guys). You really need to make sure you have another healer around. I earned my keep, and am leaving you my bigger items, back on ship. I have heard the voice of the Goddess, and I must head alone into the Old Lands, where I am to meet with The Dragon Ambassador, and perhaps even the Dragon Arch Bishop.

I cannot tell you more, other than to give you a warning; The Dragons Are Coming!

Yours in The shadow of The Goddess,

Valeria Redstone

Valeria Redstone (at last, my real name is signed.)


Oh PS: My name is not really Gloriana, my real name is Valeria, given me by my Goddess when I became her Oracle. Everything else I may have told you was true, except of course for the obvious lies.

What my birth name was and who I was before that are a mystery to me. One That I may never have time to investigate. 

I am fearful of the Dragons, but hopeful that I can help broker a peace (and hear/see a real Dragon opera!)....I can’t really tell you why I hid my true name from you, but I think you should ask Bess. Oh, and if you ever find Ziggy, give him a punch from me. I am still very worried about him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Call for my current D&D group  (first though some history of the game) Hey folks still interested in reading dorky D&D blogs, as a way to get myself writing more regularly, and having a game of D&D going with regularly scheduled games once more (Fifth Edition D&D is the system we are using) I am hoping to come up with basically once a month a between session bit of something to give players reminders, and hints of what’s gone on, about to happen, and so on. My current game has five player characters, using more non traditional D&D races, mostly taken from the homebrew site D&D Beyond. We have a Tortle Warlock, A Grung Druid, a Kenku Cleric, Tabaxi Rogue, and an Ursine Ranger. Elves, dwarves, humans and such are relegated to NPCs and background characters in this game. Only one of the players has a lot of D&D experience, so it’s really a learning the game style of play, which for me as a non looking

Mutants and Masterminds Characters

Almost as long as I've been back playing D&D, I've also been playing in a different friend's Mutants and Masterminds Campaigns. These are superhero RPG settings. I've played an eternally reborn Egyptian Prince called "The Scarab" (think Hawkman meets Blue Beetle) in a pretty straight up super hero(but zany as all hell) campaign, a Sorcerer trapped in a Golem's body (John Constantine trapped in a Golem body, basically) during an elder Gods inspired 20's prohibition era NYC setting. In the fall I'll be playing (as we upgrade to 3rd edition Mutants and Masterminds) a in a sort of Steampunk setting in the 1860's. My character is going to be a 19th century Indian Jones, but a lady, so like Lara Croft, but without so many guns, and normal sized boobs. She will have some small "powers" but this is to be more of an "ability & skill" game I think, than a big super power game. I won't be posting her Character and back

Mail Call D&D style

Mail Call For the characters in my D&D Game 1. An Epistle from Brother  (Cousin) Raymond MacPhearson Esq.,  Hand Of Obsidia Dearest Cousin Slash,                                          I have no idea whether this letter will find you, well, or otherwise. If you are reading this I have some good news and better news for you. No bad news at all, nope, none, Well, okay maybe a little bit of bad news. We will start with that, the bad news first, which is Cousin #1, that I am no longer the head of “The Family” .... You didn’t know that I was, did you, I know you think that family doesn’t matter, but it does. I get ten percent from everyone, heck even you have been paying me, as Bess always gave me a cut from you, and by me, I mean our Rogues Guild, to whom you do owe quite a few years of back dues, by the by. We are big, bigger than the Freedom Archipelago Teamsters, even.  The good news is that my new position is to be ‘The Hand Of Obsidia,’ I have been chosen